Friday, June 11, 2010

I think I figured it out...and unexpected visitors.

I think I have figured out the reason why I haven't been sleeping very well. Usually, when I'm working and going to school, I'm a fairly active person. I lift clients, take clients on walks, walk to class. Nothing too strenuous or anything, but still active. Since surgery I have been doing nothing. School is out for summer, I'm on medical leave from work, and I just sit around the house on my computer or watching TV. I haven't been doing anything. Well, Wednesday when I had my post op appointment we went shopping and did a lot of walking around. That night, I slept like a baby. I didn't wake up once during the night, I was just out like a light for a good 10 hours or so. Thursday I, once again, didn't do much of anything and I slept for shit. I tossed and turned and got maybe a total of 4 hours of sleep. I think my body needs some activity to sleep. I don't know if it's a mindset or if I need to burn energy or what...but I really think that's what the problem is. So, today I got up (notice I didn't say woke up because I DIDN'T SLEEP) and went to the gym. I didn't want to go too crazy, it being my first time doing formal exercise in a long time, so I just did 15 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the treadmill. Then, I sat in the sauna for about 20 minutes or so. I felt so good about myself for exercising and really felt great afterward. I came home, showered, logged on to lapbandtalk.com and promptly fell asleep. I don't know if that's a sign that I was right or if I was just so exhausted that sleep was the only real option left. We'll see if I sleep tonight.

Also, really nice, my niece came to visit me yesterday. She called out of nowhere and said that she missed me and wanted to come see me. It was really nice because I always go to her, she never comes to me. It was really nice to have her think of me and then drive all the way here to see me. We sat and talked for several hours, just the two of us, and it was really nice. She told me she is proud of me for having the surgery and she can't wait to see the results. She really has grown up into an amazing young lady. I'm pretty proud of her too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment